Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth Help - PLEASE! - 07-14-2010, 03:42 PM

I bought a Dell Bluetooth 365 adapter on ebay and installed it correctly. I downloaded drivers and set the bluetooth on. When I try to add a device it just says searching and never finds anything. When I try to go into bluetooth settings, it does not bring anything up. When I go into Bluetooth devices, it just looks like it is searching for devices, but it never completes the search. I even checked the bios setting, and bluetooth is on.

I uninstall the drivers, reinstall, tried a different version of it from the Dell website.

So I conclude the bluetooth adapter is bad. So I buy another one from ebay, different vendor. This time , the adapter looks newer, as in the connectors don't look like it has ever been used.

After trying many times again, I get the same issue. I called tech support (which by the way, are horrible), and they tried the same thing I have tried many times over. I have spent hours with them on the phone, and they have only accomplished what I have been doing for weeks - nothing.

Is it a possibility I have another bad card? Anybody have any ideas??? And I know it works because other members have bought bluetooth cards and installed without problems.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM

I bought a 365 adapter and it wasn't listed in Device Manager, but when I installed the correct drivers it activated and finally showed in the Device manager. Try the latest bluetooth driver listed in my drivers thread.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-15-2010, 06:59 AM

I've put a bunch of them in without any problems. Just push it in the plug, screw it down and load the Dell drivers.

« Confused about HD models | My Experiences with Linux Distros on the Dell Mini 1012 »