Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Warped Keyboard, how much should I worry? - 06-25-2010, 01:39 AM

I just got my Mini1012 2 days ago and I am really happy with it. I happened to buy a Scratch & Dent model from Dell Outlet cause I figured the cosmetic issues it would have wouldn't be so bothersome (especially for the price). So, earlier today I was looking at it and happened to notice that part of the keyboard is not flushed to the perimeter that it is housed in. If you look at it at a certain angle, it curves upward compared to the rest of the board. I know it's pretty insignificant as far as functionality goes, but these things bug me. Would opening it up and resetting the keyboard fix this perhaps? Or should I call Dell and bug them to send me a replacement keyboard. I don't consider this a cosmetic flaw either, it seems like it is just set wrong in there or something else is going. Maybe they consider this cosmetic, but in any case, this lumpiness going on here is bothering me. I really don't want to send it back. I just want the keyboard to be flush to the rest of the keys. Any suggestions are appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Default 06-29-2010, 03:37 AM

Maybe they missed a screw on the keyboard? Maybe they didn't put the tab under the chassis correctly. it is 3 screws I'd try that first.

Dell Mini 1012 (Wal-Mart Special)
Dell Inspiron 9200
Dell Inspiron 640m
Dell Studio 540s
Dell Vostro 220s
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Yeah, or there is a cable mis-routed under the keyboard. As said above it's only three screws, I'd bet it's a simple fix.

« Mini 1012 Model Numbers? | What is needed for WWAN? »