Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default The mobile broadband device is not found - 06-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Hi There,

I've recently bought a Dell INSPIRON mini 1012 with the 3G module built in and the first thing I've done is reloaded it with Windows 7 Enterprise.

My problem is that although I have installed all of the drivers from the Dell support section I get the error "The mobile broadband device is not found" from Dell Mobile Broadband Manager.

I cant see anything relating to this in my device manager, all I have is the following;

Can anyone help? I cant see any more software on the Dell site which I could install.
Attached Thumbnails
  (#2) Old
Default 06-24-2010, 08:31 PM

Strange looking
Mine looks:
Attached Thumbnails

Dell Mini 1012 Black ; Windows 7 Ultimate64 ; Intel Atom N450 ; HD TrueLife 1366 x 768 Screen ; 2GB RAM ; 120GB OCZ Agility3 SSD ; 6 Cell Battery ; Broadcom Crystal HD Media Accelerator ; Dell 365 Bluetooth ; Dell 1510 WLAN ; Dell 5540 HSPA Adapter & GPS ; 1.3MP Camera
  (#3) Old
Thumbs down 06-24-2010, 08:33 PM

I discovered the issue, basically it's Dell's fault. I have expressed my displeasure on my blog here if you're interested.
  (#4) Old
Default 06-25-2010, 07:34 AM

Your experience sucks dude........hope Dell sort it out for you.

The last paragraph in your blog gave me a bit of a chuckle, not to mention a very disturbing mental image!
  (#5) Old
Default 06-26-2010, 10:10 PM

I'm having a similar experience with my newly received "scratch and dent" 1012. I wasn't able to use WIFI as there were no devices available. After opening the unit up, I discovered a mystery card where the WIFI card should have been. I later identified it as a Broadcom Crystal board... the second one installed!

I did call India, and the tech couldn't identify the board in question (even though it had a Dell p/n) , but did agree the two dangling coax cables didn't sound right. It's on its way back to be corrected now. I would have returned it, but a repair made more sense as I had received a really good deal.
  (#6) Old
Default same issue - 11-30-2011, 02:18 AM

Hi guys I'm having the same problem, but I couldn't open Seb's link. It is no longer available....
Somebody could help me how to fix this problem?
Thanks for any help.

« Bios reset | Boot up issue »