Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Question Display color flickering issue - 06-22-2010, 03:16 AM

My display seems to be flicking weirdly. It seems like certain colors are getting brighter, almost as if it's switching to a lower color depth or something. It almost seems like an issue with the cable from the monitor to the motherboard, but it happens even when the netbook isn't being touched or moved in anyway.
I was in chat with a Dell support guy and he tried remote desktop to see if he could see it, but said he couldn't and wanted me to contact dell software support over the phone (for money). He said it probably had to do with the fact that I'm running Windows 7 x64 and that there aren't 64 bit display drivers... but I'm using the 64 bit 7 drivers straight from Intel's site. Also, I've been running the same drivers/windows 7 for over a month now and the display flickering just started happening.
I'm guessing because the Dell guy couldn't see it, it's probably a hardware issue, not software.
Anyone have any ideas? Also, side comment, does anyone else HATE the touch pad with the buttons on the touch sensitive part?! Just trying to scroll down the screen using the scroll bar I've hit the start button twice and minimized my browser. Is there anyway to make it not touchable around the buttons... duct tape or something?

« Boot from SD Card Possible? | 1012 WLAN issue »