Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Middle Clicking on the Touchpad - 06-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Hi all,

I've looked and looked but can't see a clear answer as to whether there is a way to issue a middle mouse button click from the Mini 1012 touchpad.

I've implemented the latest drivers along with the latest Synaptics setup tool. The setup tool shows configuration for the behavior to occur with you Left, Right, and Middle click, though I can't see anything that illustrates what the user has to do to issue that middle click.

I'm assuming that there isn't a way to do this as I would likely have found it already. But just in case, I'd thought I'd ask...

(#2) Old
Default 06-19-2010, 12:02 AM

I really don't use the hard left/right click button at all, it's hard and not comfortable. I set my Synaptics driver's driver to enable Tap Zones. The left bottom corner : middle click, right bottom corner : right click, and expand tap zones for easier use. If I want to left-click, just tap. It works like a charm, love this touchpad so much
  (#3) Old
Default 06-19-2010, 01:54 AM

Tapzones? I have the latest drivers and setup utils but no tapzone options. How are you doing this?
  (#4) Old
Default 09-11-2010, 11:37 AM

I have same problem. Anyone with solution for middle-click?
  (#5) Old
Default 01-23-2012, 12:17 AM

Seems that clicking both touchpad buttons simultaneously generates a middle click. (Mouse3)

This is known as a chord. Takes some getting use to! Can be done with one finger.

I am more use to tapping the pad with 2 fingers simultaneously to generate a middle click.

click, mmb, mouse, touchpad

« SSD upgrade question(s) | Advice for touchpad »