Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#11) Old
Default 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM

Yeah, im in the same boat. I actually tried to email one of sellers but they want a lot of info before you can email them....(ie address, phone, company name etc) so the only thing left is to have more people hammer realtek and what about dell? do you think dell might have some info on this?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Also, if you realy want to have a powerboost from this little thing i suggest you install a fresh copy of windows. My friend has a Win7 ultimate with aero on all features on actually and its faster then my dell mini 1012 with all features off. go figure i did a system check and the installation is 46% fragmented and after numerous tries it stays at 25%.....but bottom line i took an empty drive i had and loaded vista ultimate and bam this thing boots and runs fast a hell. makes you forget its a atom but still have slight issues with teh full screen hulu videos if i change the vdeo to 288p it plays ok. but anything above comes out choppy even with the braodcom card ....but 1080P youtube fullscreen videos once buffered play perfectly.
  (#12) Old
Default Detailed analysis of video performance. - 10-18-2010, 11:55 PM

I do make sure the drive is defragged well. Actually drive C is showing 0% right now :-) and my external drive is at 1%.

I don't run any services I really don't need.

WMC, WMP run video great. I can play DVDs all day great as well as HD files recorded off-the-air through WMC.

Here's a great analysis of the issues at hand. Quite detailed:

Broadcom Crystal HD: Not Such Crystal Clear Performance : Tom's Definitive 10.1" Netbook Buyer's Guide: Fall 2010

« Which types of ram will work on the mini 1012? | Full screen video ? »