Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default webcam mod????? - 06-03-2010, 07:40 PM

well ive always been happy with the webcam in netbooks
but what i do hate is i use my netbook alot and sometimes i need to take pictures and since the webcam is mainly used for front facing i wonder if i can do a webcam mod as to make a hole on the back of the lid and add another camera to take pictures of whatever

im thinking of buying the smallest camera i can find and stripping the crap out of it and find a usb connection internally and hook it up like that
no problem also disabling it from the device manager when not in use etc
any insight anyone

i have an extra red dell 1012 lid in case of a mishap lol
also have a dremel tool and balls enough to start drilling holes lol

anyone know of a small webcam i can gut and where can i find a usb connection internally ?

dell ron 1012/2 gb ram upgrade\windows 7 ultimate-640 gb hard drive/128 ssd -windows xp sp3\2 6 cell batterys/micro usb bt 2.0 dongle-bt virtual keyboard\

next on my list:install 3g option/touch screen
  (#2) Old
Default 06-04-2010, 06:43 AM

i believe most of the hp/asus webcams are usb, try ebay for something like this HP Pavilion TX1100 TX1200 Web Camera - eBay, Screens, LCD Panels, Laptop Accessories, Computers. (end time 16-Jun-10 22:54:55 AEST)

edit: actually i might try that mod myself; only i'll try 2 webcams facing the front and make 3d movies

« Install Dell 1510 Wifi card | screen size-- can't view or adjust windows Mini 1012 »