Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#11) Old
Default 05-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Oh...I just hope my Seagate Drive has longevity in its lifespan. ={
I have never had a failure in WD, Fujitsu, or Hitachi. My first and last drive to fail was a Maxtor which apparently is now owned by Seagate.
I have a Seagate Portable HDD. I've seen many owners bring their Seagate FreeAgent Go Portable drive to the shops for warranty replacements in recent days.
I just hope I am not the next victim with Seagate (a.k.a. Maxtor).
Seagate is one of the oldest HDD companies out there. I just hope they are maintaining their reputable status. =)
  (#12) Old
Default 05-12-2010, 05:55 PM

I've started to REALLY take notice on when my Netbook does it's Singular One time Click sound. Turns out some of the time it's the battery clasps that are making the noise (rubbing on fabric).

My hard drive does click but not nearly as much as I thought , *maybe once a week or less. Its not loud at all, and I'm not worried. Dell comes with 1 year warranty , and it will give me a chance to play with SSD.

Mine Came stock with Samsung HM160HI 160g

« Speed Up Boot Time??? | Just Received My Dell Mini (Five Issues I Am Facing)-Please Advice, Thanks in Advance »