Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#1) Old
Default Fullscreen problem with flash vids, garbled lines, not viewable - 04-17-2010, 10:17 PM

I have a Mini 10 (1010)

I have a problem viewing FLASH vids in fullscreen mode (youtube, hulu etc)

Whenever I click on fullscreen mode, I get garbled lines, and is not viewable. ........problem is with all resolutions, 480p etc. When I switch out of fullscreen mode, all is ok.

I recently installed
- Windows 7
- GMA 500 Win7 driver from Intel website (latest driver)
- Adobe Flash 10.1.
- Firefox...

Is this problem most likely specifically related to the version of FLASH I have installed?

thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM

Flash is such a crapshoot with the mini's, not just the 1010; but the 1011, 1012, hell alll of them. There are so many combinations of drivers and flash players etc that its almost luck that you run into the correct combination that works for your system.

Myself I have the lowest rung on the latter in a 1010 with a 1.33 cpu and only one meg of ram. Yet using XP I have had great LUCK playing flash form hulu etc. I have kept up with the latest XP drivers and not gotten to exotic in my choise of flash players. Even using Linux (Ubuntu 9.04, Mandriva 2010 and Fedora 12) I have managed to get pretty good playback. But again it is a hit or miss thing. Some flash players work good with Linux; some don't work at all.

I have Ubuntu 9.04 duel booting with XP on my hard drive, and I also have it installed on a SD/HC card. Flash plays great on the SD install; and not at all on the hard drive install even though they have the same conbination of players and drivers. Why ?????????????? who knows. Its the nature of the beast. Good luck in your search; just keep trying and when you find a combination that works use it and be happy because the next one you try (even though its suppose to be better); just might not play at all. fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

« Dell Service Manual | support scan results. »