Dell Mini 1012 Discussion forum on the new 2010 Dell Mini 1012, featuring an Intel Atom N450 CPU.

(#11) Old
Default 04-02-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by cuoreesitante View Post
How much did the BT, broadcom card, wifi-n, and hd screen cost you? Im on the verge of just buying one with all those from Dell and that'd be 409 before tax&shipping, which is about ~450 i think. If its not too big of a price difference I'd rather not tear it all up and void the warranty.

The best prices (new, from dell, not refurbished or used) I've found are from this guy:

I've purchased the BT, 1520, 1510, and other pieces from him. He can probably ger you the display as well.
  (#12) Old
Default 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM

I have not tried anything since my first hack at trying to get the card to work. I also tried the wifi-card in the ports I soldered on with no luck.

To answer the question if it is worth upgrading or buy upgraded:
I purchased my dell mini for $249 and recieved a second one for $149 with 15% Bing cash back. Dell also gave me $25 back on each netebook ($50) for the problems I had with the incorrect wifi card.

I only paid $20 for the dell bluetooth module and $40 for the broadcomHD card. The replacement wifi card and screen were because of factory defects. I was lucky to convince them to send the HD screen as a replacement. Sometimes the language barrier to india can work in your favor.
  (#13) Old
Default 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM

Can anyone help me find the part number for the broadcom crystal HD card? I'd like to know how I could order one. I took apart my 1012 yesterday to install the replacmenet wifi card and was happily surprised to see that it had all the connectors.

« My 1012 has been dispatched... | I thought the Dell Mini 1012 was fanless??? »