Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Muchas gracias - Thanks to all!! - 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Hola, estuve buscando por todo internet y no habia encontrado nada al respecto, yo tambien tenia mi Dell Mini 10 muerta, y cansado de seguir buscando casi me daba por vencido y pense en comprar la Tarjeta madre, por 2500 pesos (about $200 dolars) hasta que por suerte encontre este foro, y segui los pasos de BRAINIAC88, ahora mi Dell Mini funciona perfecto.
I've been looking for all internet and nothing, my Dell Mini 10 was bricked, i think the only way it was buying the motherboard for $200 dollars here in my country with Dell Support, for my good luck i found this forum, and I use the steps of BRAINIAC88, now mi dell mini 10 it's working perfect.
If someone doesn't work Fn+End key, try to make the proces only with the End key, it seems that works with this way to.
PD: Sorry for my bad english, I'm Mexican.
Join Date: Dec 2010
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM
hi, first of great site!
well i bricked my dell 1018 as well!
i got a usb floppy and tried the stuff but no joy.
i guess my problem is, there is only windows bios tool on dell support page which is r288050.exe.
there is no dos bios file,
i'm assuming if i could find the the dos file i need to change the filename to bios.wph!?
this is killing me almost 20 hours i've been trying!
i'll greatly appreciate any help..
edit: this is the dell support site link for 1018 (service tag: h9ssvm1)
Drivers and Downloads
---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------
well after 15 mins i posted here i did it!
though i cant say how.
all i can say is i've extracted the rom file from the windows bios file and change the name to bios.wph and put the files somehow on a usb key (after i bought the usb floppy an hour earlier!!)
so thanks all here for instructions and comments..
Join Date: Dec 2010
12-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Wow! Happened upon this forum after I bricked my mini 10, as well. I followed the directions EXACTLY...
1. Get a USB FDD and connect it to a PC with a 32-bit OS. 64-bit did not work due to the MAKEBOOT.exe. I used a Y-E Data 4x FDD and Win7 x86.
2. Download and Run as Administrator the file from SOMMS in post #4
3. Run the EXE in that zip file and follow the instructions in the DOS box
4. Plug the USB FDD into your dead Mini10 and remove its battery.
5. Press Fn + END and plug in the DC power.
[Yes it is difficult to reach the END key. Try this: Plug the power adapter into a power strip and make sure the power strip's switch is OFF. Plug the DC jack into the Mini10. Press Fn + END. Use your toe to power on the power strip.]
6. Power LED will flash. Press Power Button without releasing Fn + END. FDD will read once, stop, then read continuously because it is booting from it. Release Fn + END.
7. Mini10 will beep intermittently and annoyingly for several minutes. DO NOT DISCONNECT POWER. It will reboot itself after one final long-ass BEEEEEP.
Your Mini10 is now UNBRICKED
It worked! Woo-hoo!! THANK YOU! The only addition I can make (and maybe this has been discussed already) is that my internal clock was reset to May, 2008, so you might need to correct that once you unbrick your mini.
|bricked, mini 1010, no screen|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.