Hi, just to report back from just lurking here.
On Saturday I tried the A04 Bios Upgrade. My keyboard froze up. My external mouse still worked. I tried shutting down all aps, tried exiting windows, but coudn't. When I did a hard-reset, nothing happened. I had succesfully bricked my Dell Inpiron Mini 10.
I downloadedes somms files from ( http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...html#post80875
I tried around with an USB flash-drive first. I tried everything (Making my own FDD-Image and putting it on the flash-drive with unix-tool "dd"). It didn't work. So give up trying with flash-drives.
On monday I bought a usb-floppy drive. They even gave me a disk for free (yay!). I made the floppy-disk, then used brainiac88's instructions with FN + END ( http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell...tml#post108045
And I am writing this posting on my Dell - Mini again.
Here are the instructions again, slightly modified.
1) Check if you can potentially unbrick your dell. Take out the battery. Pull the power plug. Press FN + End and hold it. Put the power plug back. The power LED should flash shortly. Press the Power button. The power LED should stay on.
2) Get a USB FDD and connect it to a PC with a 32-bit OS. 64-bit does not work due to the MAKEBOOT.exe. I used a Y-E Data 4x FDD and Win7 x86.
3) Download and Run as Administrator the file from SOMMS in post #4. Start the CRISDISK.BAT
4) Plug the USB FDD into your dead Mini10 and remove its battery.
5) Press Fn + END and plug in the DC power.
[Yes it is difficult to reach the END key. Try this: Plug the power adapter into a power strip and make sure the power strip's switch is OFF. Plug the DC jack into the Mini10. Press Fn + END. Use your toe to power on the power strip.]
6) Power LED will flash. Press Power Button without releasing Fn + END. FDD will read once, stop, then read continuously because it is booting from it. Release Fn + END.
7) Mini10 will beep intermittently and annoyingly for several minutes. DO NOT DISCONNECT POWER. It will reboot itself after one final long-ass BEEEEEP.
8) Your Mini is now unbricked
If it helps you, attached is floppy-disk-image. You can copy it directly to a disk with dd chrysocome.net - dd for windows
and the line "dd if=image.fdd of=\\.\a: bs=1440k"