Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Mathematica 7 on a mini 10 : it IS a computer - 06-21-2009, 03:25 PM

I have read many posts complaining about netbooks capabilities. Except perhaps the question of video, I think its amazing what the DELL mini is capable of. I have installed Mathematica 7 (Wolfram Research) and run it on a mini 10. Here is an example (screen dump) :
Ok, so it may not be as speedy as a regular laptop, but it is certainly usefull for many, many applications. Above is a relatively simple computation along with a complex power plot (from the Wolfram Reference Library).

Also, I like chess. Here is an example of real-time chess playing at the site where today more than 5000 people are logged in. The picture (again a screen dump from the mini 10) shows a real-time 3 minute blitz game with player Robert Fontaine, an International Grand Master (he coincidentally is using the French defense) :

Here is a picture of my desktop, showing the gardens in front of the Louvre (Paris). I do like my mini 10.

Cheers !

computing, mini 10 review

« Good for a 12 year old? | confusion over the 10 vs the 10v »