Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Ordered a Mini 10 and it will be here tomorrow - 06-18-2009, 04:25 AM

I'm excited to be getting it but worried I will not like it. Most of what I will be using it for I'm sure it will be fine. The only thing I'm worried about is I would like to be able to watch Tv on it from sites like ABC and NBC and stuff like that. I do not need the high def stuff just regular tv. Other than that I will run Itunes, my garmin GPS software, a little word processing and internet browsing. So I really hope I can get the tv streaming to work ok.

(#2) Old
Default 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM

do you mean streaming TV episodes from,, and such?

edit: if so, please refer to this thread:

depending on the website, video playback varies

selling mini9 64gb 2gb ram // <3 apple & mydellmini
  (#3) Old
Default 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM

If you said tomorrow yesterday, that must mean today !
Well, to answer your question, I'm very happy with the mini10 (config. below) and I wont send it back.
- I got rid of unwanted software and put my main usage (Mail, MSoffice, etc..) and it works fine under XP, although less speedy than my usual laptop.
- The keyboard and overall design is much better than most of the netbooks currently on the market. One can actually type.
- It is perfect for doing mail, surfing, small jobs, photos and video viewing. (HD and some streaming video are still a problem.)

Besides surfing the news and videos, one of the things I like to use it for is to play real-time chess at the Internet Chess Club and also at (where thousands of players are logged in and play games through a server).
The mini 10 does the job fine. Cheers.

Mini 1010/Intel Atom z530/1GB Ram/1366x768 scr./160GB drive/WXP
  (#4) Old
Default Dell's "Days of Deals" - 06-19-2009, 07:41 PM

The 10 will be on sale tomorrow (Saturday).
  (#5) Old
Default 06-20-2009, 02:26 AM

Yes it is here.
I have not hsad time to do lots of stuff with it yet but so far so good.
I did connect to work today thru our VPN and started remote desktop to my work computer and it worked great. I swear it was running just as fast as my other laptop and my desktop.
I have also connected to my home network and I can stream my movies from my network drive just fine, all of them are saved in MS_DVR format.
Email and internet are just fine. I have loaded Itunes and Garmin mapsource so far. Both of those are fine.
I have tried to stream a show from (Wipeout) and it was ok, not great but I can live with it. I do have a usb TV tuner I'mk going to try later this weekend. I picked up a samsung external DVD drive and it worked great, I did have it hooked up to 2 usb ports and did not even try just one. I have also hooked up 3 different USB 2.5" external hard drives and they all worked great with just 1 usb port connected.
Last think I have added is a Logitech Nano wireless mouse and that works well too.

Going to get a case tonight as I do not see any reason to send this back. It does what it should very well.

« Canadian Bought Mini 10; WWAN and TV Tuner capable? | Remote Desktop »