Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Unhappy My Dell Mini and the HD Videos Problem - 06-07-2009, 05:44 PM

Hi Everybody... I'm new on this forum... I'm mexican, so forgive if my english it's not good... I make the possible.

I bought two weeks ago the Dell Inspiron Mini 10... Gosh! I love it... All works very good, but I have a problem with HD Videos (1280x720). I'm running Windows 7, works very good with Aero enabled, but when I play a HD video with an *.mp4 file format extension the video seems to appear so slowly, and the video stream run more slowly than the audio stream. I actually use the KMPlayer to play all the multimedia videos on it. And last night when I tried to play other *.mp4 video 1280x720 resolution a blue-screen appears . And you know... all the words... Windows has been shutdown... shalala...

Now, I wanna know, if somebody knows what can I do... I was reading on this forum that it's better use de the Windows Media Player to play the videos, but when I do that the graphics crash...

Maybe I have to make a downgrade to Windows XP again to obtain a full performance?

Note: I have problems with videos with *.avi *.wmv *.divx (1280x720) videos, I tried with *.ts videos with a MPG-2 c├│dec and the performance was very good.

Thanks A lot :P

Dell Mini 10/160 HD/Intel Atom 1.33 Ghz/1GB DDR2/Windows 7
  (#2) Old
Default 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM

You may try dell mini 12 chipset drivers fromm Dells web pages, i think it have a better drivers for gma500 and chipset:

"DXVA Filters from Dell for GMA500 to enable hardware video acceleration for H264 in WMP"
file= R203604.EXE
  (#3) Old
Default Mini 10 and video - 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM

Hello. You seem to have the same issues as other Mini 10 HD owners. There are multiple threads on this topic here, such as
Choppy Video

There are also discussions on the mini 10 video limitations on the 'DELL community website'. I haven't seen any clear-cut answers to the problem of choppy video while streaming or reading HD files. I am still hoping that new software, such as the driver mentioned above, will at least help. Cheers.

card video crash, hd videos problem, intel 500 gma

« Video Playback | Dell Ubuntu Issues »