Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Swap HD Display from Mini 10 into the Mini 10v? - 05-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Would the 10v support the HD display from the 10? If it could work, here's a scenario: buy both the 10 with the hd display and the 10v, swap displays, then sell off the 10. If the lids were the same, could you swap the whole assembly without taking the lid apart?

Perhaps the bezel wouldn't support that display. I imagine there could be bios/hardware issues. I dunno.

I guess it could it be cheaper & easier to just find and replace the display without monkeying around with buying two computers. I've never tried sourcing a lcd display for a portable.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Just read this over at, regarding the higher rez screen on the new Lenovo s10-2: Lenovo Ideapad S10-2 to come with 1280 x 720px screen option

Originally Posted by
For much of the past year, 1024 x 600 and 1024 x 576 pixel screens have been the norm on netbooks. And while these screens over a pleasant compromise between price and performance, some people aren’t happy with trying to squeeze applications, web pages, and videos into a smaller screen space than you’ll find from most desktop or larger laptop displays.

There are some downsides. The Intel Atom processor doesn’t handle Flash video playback at higher resolutions very well. And some people may find the screen too sharp for comfort. If you find yourself squinting at a high resolution netbook display, don’t say I didn’t warn you. But so far most companies that are offering higher resolution screens are offering them as options, not part of the default configuration. And that seems like a smart move.
So, maybe a higher rez screen isn't that desirable?
  (#3) Old
Default 05-15-2009, 09:37 PM

its desirable if you have a hdmi port that doesnt overheat when playing 720p content.... (still waiting dell)
  (#4) Old
Default 05-16-2009, 02:47 PM

The whole squinting thing is rather silly when you consider that almost all modern operating systems allow you to scale your fonts larger and the netbook makers could easily make that the default on the system images. What they don't allow, usually, is scaling OS dialogs smaller.

« Same RAM as Mini 9? | Official Documents indicate the Mini10(v) contains no fan »