Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 10 vs HP Mini 1030NR - 05-04-2009, 11:24 PM

I recently bought a dell mini 10 but am considering taking it back and trading for the hp mini 1030. I purchased it from Best Buy with a store credit I had. I like the dell and bought it for several reasons, one the 160 HDD, two the HDMI port, and three the power cord that doesnt have the power block. I've had it a week and like it but come to find out I can not upgrade the RAM. Dell made the mini 10 with the RAM soildered onto the motherboard. So I've considered taking it back and swapping for the HP. I cant decided I like the storage on the dell but I dont like the speed, I know the SSD will be quicker with the HP and help with battery life but very small storage space, and i can upgrade to 2gb RAM. The HDMI is not a big deal (esp since it doesnt even output sound) and i can always just buy an external drive for storage. I download a lot of movies using vuze (which is really cool now because it allows me to stream my movies through my ps3 and also why i dont need the hdmi) and i can always just store them on an exteranl. I've always been a fan of HP over dell so any input would be appreciated. (I have to get the HP from Best Buy bc of the credit which i think the one they carry is the 1030nr, does anyone know if it has bluetooth?) I like the quietness of the dell also
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 10 vs HP Mini 1030NR - 05-05-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm not 100% sure because I'm still waiting for my mini 10 to arrive, but on my HP dv6000t (with HDMI out), you need to explicitly set the audio to go out through the HDMI in the control panel settings.

(#3) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 10 vs HP Mini 1030NR - 05-05-2009, 12:35 AM

Or if that still doesn't work i've read that updating the driver should fix any issues with sound output.

« New Runcore SSD's - Faster and Bigger (and more $$$) | ubuntu on mini 10 »