Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Removal of "Bloatware" - 04-08-2009, 02:59 AM

I just ordered a mini 10 with the HD screen. I am not very computer savy - but I know they load these things up with garbage that slows performance. Can anyone guide me as to what to remove and how? I know how to "add /remove" programs and to run msconfig, but don;t know what should be removed. Failing that - should I just take it to a local computer store when it arrives to have it done or eis it easy enough to do on my own?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Removal of "Bloatware" - 04-12-2009, 01:43 AM

Sorry, I could have answered this earlier, but I wasn't sure if my memory would suit me.
Got my Mini 10 from the outlet, so that may or may not make a difference.

I routinely remove bloatware, so I didn't really pay that much attention when it showed up.

Other than 30 day free McAfee, and the icon for Dell Support, there is also Dell Media Experience. It has an Uninstall link, so really not bad.

It also has Microsoft Works, which may or may not be considered bloat.

I haven't really done much to it yet. After 30 days I will probably gut the Dell stuff and McAfee and Works, but I thought I wold leave it plain jane for now as I'm letting my daughter borrow it for a vacation.

Oh yeah, Also has the link to for some free online storage or something.

All in all, not like the Dell of old. :P

A+ Certified,
Tech wannabee!

« Please confirm - no Ubuntu driver support for GMA 500 | Mini 10 vs Samsung NC10 »