Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old

Default upgrade the CPU/RAM card to 2gb - 06-25-2015, 05:35 PM

I bought the CPU/RAM daughtherboard but the screw mounts don't line up. Is there a 2GB version for this laptop. Or the corresponding motherboard to the new one I have so at least I can buy that and match it.

old card pn: k029p
new card pn: r401n
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 06-26-2015, 11:10 PM

That is the correct part number. It should work.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 06-27-2015, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Nope, it's not. The screwholes don't match. There are posts on these forums with people who just used one screwhole and left the rest. I am willing to change get the matching mobo for the new card.
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM

As far as I know, there is just one motherboard, though I suppose it's possible Dell made a "running change". Do the connectors fit? If it were me, I would not invest any more into a 1010. (And if my Mini 9 died, that would be the end of it.)

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#5) Old

Default 03-31-2016, 06:40 PM

g/a, Garegin. i'm shocked that no one has replied to you about this.YES. when you initially buy the 1.83Ghz CPU/RAM board. they won't match. i have a post about how to make the adjustments for it to fit. the right hole has to be cut in about an 8th of an inch from right to left.Then you have to bend the right side of the RAM cover until it's perfectly flat (or near perfectly flat) on the bottom right of the RAM.you have to 1) file down the right bottom screw holder until it's flat & even. & then 2) put something under it so it'll stay balanced.(no screw can go in that part).you should be good after that.if you look up the forum on this issue (2GBs of RAM).they have pictures so it's fool-proof. LOL let me know if it's works for you. Peace & God bless you & yours.

A-Weapons..South Bronx, NYC..PS: don't forget to put the thermal stickers on the bottom of the RAM cover. also..the card you got is for 1.33Ghz. you need a 1.83Ghz one if you want speed .Ebay is selling a whole s-load of them for 50 bucks. BTW..also get a 1366x768 LCD. it really helps when you're watching videos. they're also about 50 bucks. the model no# for the 1.83Ghz joints is M036P.

---------------
please edit your post so it seems like a better one. the way you posted it makes it look like spam

Last edited by Aweapons; 07-31-2016 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added info: post looks like similar to spam, please edit
  (#6) Old

Default Response to Darkness: - 07-19-2016, 06:51 PM

edit it so it can look better?? what's that?? can you please elaborate on this issue? I have NO idea what you're talking about? & how does SPAM look? please..when you get time..stop by & educate me so I can make the necessary corrections (if any)..LOL..Peace..& God bless..

A-Weapons..South Bronx, NYC..
  (#7) Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-27-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweapons View Post
its more the interpunction.
---------------------
test like this:

text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT ......text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT .......text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT .......text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT .........text TEXT text TEXT ........text TEXT

looks more like a spam-message.
---------------------
if you do it like this its more readable:

text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT text TEXT.

has a better layout and is easyer for the eye to read
--------------------------------------------

since you are a user who does not spam i asked to edit the message.
to prevent any misunderstanding from the other members, who are still online

dell mini 910
supertalent dual wide ssd 128GB
2GB ddr2 400mhz ram
Realtek RTL8188SU
(not the 3G version)
hdd cooler as extra cooling
  (#8) Old

Default 07-31-2016, 12:51 AM

alright. I NOW understand. & the message has been edited. thank you for the clarity. ALSO: PLEASE check my post of the AHCI quagmire that i'm having. I've been to 3 other sites & numerous forums to no avail. so if you (or/and someone you know) can help me, please stop by. my 1010 is doing OK with Windows 10 installed, but I know that it would do so much better with an AHCI option. & it'll allow me to run my SSD with ease. again. thank you. Peace. & God bless.

« Newly Upgraded Daugterboard having issues | AHCI Option for Mini 1010: »