Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default Lost System Board Connector LOCK TAB - 02-10-2013, 05:19 AM

I am in the dog house with my wife because while trying to unsuccessfully upgrade her little Mini 1010's memory, the lock tab for the system board connector, the one that connects the keyboard to the main board, flew off to parts unknown. I have lost and found many contact lens over the years, but this thing is gone forever I fear.

I am guessing I have to buy the whole connector to get a replacement tab lock for that ribbon connector. Does anyone know a parts number so I can get this thing put back together and working like new?

Thanks for your help in advance. I appreciate it.

c
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-10-2013, 02:30 PM

I don't know if the part is separately orderable, but all the lock tab does is put some downward pressure on the end of the ribbon to hold it against the pins. You may be able to wedge a thin piece of plastic or paperboard in there, between the top of the ribbon and the connector, to serve the purpose.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 8.1
  (#3) Old

Default 02-11-2013, 02:32 AM

Does it put downward pressure or upwards pressure? I don't know why that has been so hard for me to figure out, but there sure isn't anyway to see inside that connector.

Thank you for your input.

c
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-13-2013, 01:39 AM

It pushes the ribbon contacts against the motherboard. You'd probably call that "down".

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 8.1
  (#5) Old

Default 02-13-2013, 05:44 AM

Thank you.

I continue to struggle with it as I try to get the whole keyboard working. I can't seem to get even pressure on the connector to make the whole board work at the same time.

With your help, at least I know which way to put the pressure.

Thanks again.

c

« [BROKEN] Internal Power Connector | 1080p on XP »