Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Anyone using HDMI port with IEGD or EMGD? - 03-02-2012, 12:16 AM

I have been very pleased with both the IEGD and the EMGD video GMA500 drivers that I have tried on my 1010. It can now play 1080p video in Media Center Classic perfectly. MCE is the only player that will do it, as VLC and WMP will not...which is OK. My problem is that I can't get the HDMI port to work with either of these drivers. It nullifies the fun of having the video play so well because really, the purpose of playing 1080p well is to be able to output it to a big screen. Device manager properly shows the make and model of my TV when the HDMI cable is connected, but I can't get the 1010 to actually output video to it. The port is working OK, because when I go back to the regular Intel GMA500 driver, the HDMI works fine.(but of course outputs lousy video).
Is anyone out there using either IEGD or EMGD and getting the HDMI output to work correctly? Any suggestions?

« pixel qi e-ink screen on 1010 | Mini 10 (1010) password reset »