Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Continually Reboots - 10-11-2011, 02:34 AM

I've got a friend that has a mini 10. It was loaded with viruses, etc. so she asked me to restore it back to factory settings. The restore went fine but now the darn thing will go thru POST, Windows begins to load, BSOD appears momentarily and then back to POST. It will do this over and over until you turn it off. I pulled the hard drive out of it and hooked it up to my laptop via an adapter. I ran a full scan of the drive and it seems to be working fine. Don't know if this means anything but if you hit F12 and try to run Diagnostics it comes back stating "I/O error can't read drive C" or something to that affect. Start up repair doesn't help either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM

just because the drive physically works diesnt mean that the MBR (Master Boot Record) or partition table is intact, if you have any repair type tools such as Hirens Boot CD or Acronis Disk Director or similar you might try to rebuild the MBR and also check the partition table to see if it is corrupt....this can also be done in DOS if you are good with the command prompt, there are instructions posted across the internet, just google it

PS. Welcome to the forum....

BTW: you failed to mention which version of Windows you are on XP or Win 7, the procedure is different for each version

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

Last edited by rrfranczak3; 10-11-2011 at 02:22 PM.

« Windows 8 works great | Dell Mini 10 (1010) HDD »