Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Angry Dell Mini 1010 Customer Service Rant - 01-20-2011, 02:46 AM

Dell's Customer service has taken a turn for the worse. Let me start by saying that I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them in the past. I've purchased just about every netbook that's come out (it's a sickness). I've also stocked my family with computers for college, etc. I've defended their customer service time and time again.

I helped my father purchase a Mini 1010 as a Christmas present. The unit arrived defective. The computer wasn't able to see any wireless networks. It took 3 phone calls, two chat conversations, an on-site technician, and another chat conversation (all over an hour each) to get things straightened out. Two weeks ago, the tech said he couldn't fix the problem and they would send a new computer. I asked on-line for tracking info this morning and found out they hadn't even shipped it. They offered to send a 1012 in obsidian black when the original was a 1010 in ice blue with an HD screen. The rep told me it was the "better model"... that's debatable. Dell could not provide us with a Mini 1010, I find that quite odd. I've requested a refund, here's hoping.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this type of service from them. A unit that arrives defective and no replacement over a month later? I sure hope not. Anyway, I will still buy from them but I certainly won't recommend them to my friends or family again.

The tech replaced the wireless card and motherboard but still no signal. Any idea what else it could be?

Toshiba Satellite M645-S40408 | Fusion Finish | 500 gb | 6gb | Core i5-460M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M | Win 7
HP Mini 311 | Black | 500 gb | 2gb | Atom 270 | NVIDIA ION | Win 7
Dell Mini 1010 | Obsidian Black | 160gb | 1gb | Atom z520 | Win XP

« Windows 7 SP1 Released to OEM | Help »