Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Problems with realtek card reader - 05-19-2010, 06:48 PM

I am on my second Mini 10. The Realtek card reader did not work in either one and the Fn keys didn't work on the first one. Now they are sending a 3rd one. Does Dell know anything about quality checking?

Everytime I load a card of any format it takes, my screen goes completely blank. A tech came out this time and changed out the MB but it didn't help. Does anyone have any clues what might be causing the problem? I do not have it connected to any peripheral devices.

I have typical specs:
Bios A11 running Window XP Home sp3 (would like to change out for XP Pro)
Z530 1.6GHz/533MHz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500
160GB, 2.5", 5400RPM SATA HD
1520 802.11n Half Mini card
MS works 9 (although I have since removed it and put on MS Office Pro 2003) and yes the issue was there before the exchange.

I was told I won't see the reader as a drive (in My Computer or Explorer) unless there is actually a card inserted. Is that true? I wonder about that since my printer has a multi-card reader and I see it all time as a drive whether a card is in or not.

Does anyone know anything about this issue. If so please respond otherwise I may be just requesting a return.

Indy home of the 500 Motor Speedway, the greatest spectacle in racing.

card, mini 10, reader, realtek card reader

« How to do a clean Windows 7 install | crackling sound without speakers »