Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Problems w Dell netbook 10 and AT&T Aircard - 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM

I have a Dell Netbook 10 and recently purchased an AT&T USB aircard for it. The aircard works great on my Dell 15" inspiron, but it will not work on the netbook. I have been on the phone ad nauseum with Dell software techs and AT&T techs. All 3 AT&T techs have told me, after working very hard to make this work on this computer something in the laptop is not letting it recognized or connect with Internet Explorer. They also said that netbooks have embedded modems and something in this modem is not letting the modem on the aircard make contact w IE. I have shut off firewalls, etc. The air card and AT&T communication manager downloads just fine and gets connected but it will never, after many people working on it connect to IE or any other server for that fact. If you have any suggestions I would very much appreciate it. Being able to travel and take this netbook to meetings is the whole reason I bought it. This is very disappointing. It works just fine otherwise. It is running w Windows & Home Premium.

« Broken hinge on Dell Mini 1010 | Need 2 Screws For New Bluetooth Card »