Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Really ticked off with Dell, what is their return policy? - 05-03-2010, 01:53 AM

I got my mini 10 about 10 days ago. After a day or 2 I noticed a black spec behind the screen. Not a dead pixel, a black speck of some sort.

So I contacted tech support and they set up a return. They overnighted me a box. I send the system in and the turnaround was very fast. However upon first boot I noticed there was a problem. The resolution looked very low. I had gotten the one with the high-res screen (1366x768) and they had put in the standard screen (1024x768) during the repair.

I got on a chat with a tech CSR and they said they would send someone to my house to replace the screen. Honestly Id rather have just sent it in, but this is what they recommended. Said it would probably be 7-10 days. Im suppose to be waiting on a call from the person that will do the repair when they get the part from Dell.

Then tonight I went to start up the digital tv app. This was one of the first things I tried when I first got the system and it worked flawlessly. Plug in the antenna, start up the Dell Digital TV, nothing. I get a screen that says "no tv tuner detected."

Ive about had all I can take with this thing. I just want to send it back and get an iPad or save some money and buy a refurb Macbook, since Im a Mac user anyway. I just wanted something small and cheap to carry around the house.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-03-2010, 03:26 AM

Sorry for your problems.

As for the actual Dell return policy, Googling "dell return policy" seems productive.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM

They are suppose to be sending me a new system, equal to or better than the one I have.

« USB not working? | Windows 7 vs. XP on 1010 »