Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Guess Ive been out of the Windows loop too long, dock-type thing across top in XP - 04-15-2010, 09:13 PM

Just got my mini 10 today, the one with the high res screen. Beautiful display. I havent used Windows in years and was surprised to see this dock looking thing across the top. What is it? How do you turn it off/on? Honestly I googled XP dock across top and came up empty.

One other thing, was I suppose to get a webcam cd to install the webcam app? I got my son a 10v a few weeks ago and it came with one.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 04-15-2010, 09:38 PM

thats because it is a Dell Dock, its from Stardock and I think that if you right click it gives you options to get rid of it, I personally like it, you can set it to hide to it only appears when you move the mouse up to it, I personally do the same with the taskbar at the bottom, I dont wanna see it all the time just when I move the mouse to it, you can do the same with the Dell Dock, as far as the webcam goes you can use the same cd...

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« PLEASE HELP - Cannot stop screen saver in windows 7 starter | Scrolling "bands" HD Screen »