Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default wifi works once out of two times - 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM

Hello! I have a strange wifi issue with my Dell mini 10 on Windows XP. I have had the computer for a few weeks, and it has been like this since the beginning. My wifi connection works once out of two times. Now it works and I can write this post. Now if I send my computer to sleep or restart, it will not work. It will search for wifi networks, but it won't find any. I have to restart or go to sleep and turn on the computer back again to get the wifi connection working again.

If someone can help with this issue, it will be really great!

Also my F2 switch doesn't seem to be doing anything, and I downloaded drivers for it, but I guess that is not the reason for this issue, as the wifi does work when it wants to.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-24-2010, 12:11 AM

Check out a program from Metageek called inSSIDer:
inSSIDer Wi-Fi Scanner | MetaGeek

That can tell you about the strength of the wifi networks where you are at. If the signal is strong enough, then you can start checking off what might be wrong with the wifi.

First step is to check hardware manager and see if there is a question mark or exlamation point next to the communications device.
  (#3) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 03-24-2010, 12:39 AM

does it change when you move the screen at different angles?, I read somewhere I think that the antenna wire runs along side the display panel and if you move the screen too far that the wire becomes too tight and causes problems..just my 0.02..

PS. Welcome to the forum..

Also I have a Mini 10 too and use hibernate all the time and never had any issues..just a thought

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

mini dell, not working after sleep, wifi, wireless, working intermittently

« Can someone post a photo of the empty TV tuner slot in Mini 1010? | iPhone is not recognized »