Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Broken Wire For TV Tuner - 01-06-2010, 10:22 AM

Dell agreed to send me a new hard drive from the issue I had here:

After I got off the phone with them, I noticed this wire sticking out. I'd like to stress that at this point I had only ever removed the keyboard and hard drive.

So I decide to open it up to see what was going on.

It's wire #2 from the TV tuner. Apparently it was routed poorly and the display hinge cut it. What does this wire do? Is it an internal antenna? How am I ever going to get this fixed? Is it time to ask for a complete replacement?

I have just had awful luck with this thing.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM

If you are under warranty I would get a replacement, or have a tech come to you and replace it, is it plugged in or soldered...if soldered they might have to replace the MoBo..

PS: gonna check mine now too..thanks for the heads up..

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 01-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Yeah, if it's under warranty I'd definitely have it replaced, although, you may have to send it in, although, you may be able to get them to send you parts only, although, after the last debacle hard to trust to send the right part, although, that will conclude this post.
Sorry, been up all night and trying to maintain lol.

« Anyone fitted an HD LCD panel into an older M10? | Problems with flash player »