Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#11) Old
Default 12-26-2010, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
i have the same problem that everyone seems to have with the Dell Mini 10, running XP. After many calls to Dell and even re-installing my OS and all the software, I found out that the reason that its so slow and freezes when I try to restart or shut down is due to the memory ram being soldered to the mother board. I suggest for everyone to call dell and complain about this issue and see if they can resolve it.
I will be calling tomorrow.
I think I would look elsewhere for the problem; I have a 1010 running XP and it has never frozen up EVER. I even had it get wiped out by a bad Linux duel boot install. I reinstalled XP from the CD's and its running fine again; like it had never been wiped out.
Fact is it faster than ever. The only real problem I have ever had with the 1010 is the GMA 500 chip set. And that's that you have to be real selective in the Linux distro's you install on it. XP; Win 7 runs fine. But only Ubuntu (8.04,9.04,9.10,10.04,10.10); Jolicloud,and Mandriva (to a degree) run well on the 1010. And believe you me I have tried them all. fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

« help cracked case | Is it a Dell Mini 1010 or 1018? »