Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default No Bluetooth, No 3G Card? - 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM

I got a Dell Mini 10 from a friend. I did a fresh install of Win7, but I can't get the bluetooth or the 3G card to work.

I try to install the Broadcom BT Drivers from Dell, but I get a message saying "No Bluetooth device was detected. Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation".

I know that Bluetooth is turned on in the Bios.

Then, I went to the AT&T store and got a SIM card so I can run the 3G network. Installed the SIM card under the battery, but when I run the Dell Mobile Broadband manager it says "the mobile broadband device is not communicating"

How can I confirm my device has Bluetooth or the Mobile Broadband HW? I thought they were all configured this way...
  (#2) Old
Default 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM

First ensure that they are enabled in the BIOS (press F2 on boot). Secondly install the Dell Wireless Enable/Disable application - this will allow you to turn on/off the WLAN, WWAN and Bluetooth cards if they are installed. If they don't show on this application then they aren't installed or they are disabled in the BIOS.

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 11-25-2009, 04:13 AM

The only app I see on Dell's site is

Dell Battery Meter/Wireless Select Switch

is this what you're referring to?

I took the keyboard off and can confirm that I don't have the WAN card. However, I do see the BT module (I think that's it right near the ALT and SPACE keys. However, I still can't figure out how to make sure it's working.

It doesn't see my MS BT mouse...

« Problem installing Snow Leopard 10.6 on Dell Mini 10v | W7 installation »