Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Touch Pad scrolling issues - 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Hi there, I have tried the search function which does not seem to be working at the moment so i apologise for any duplication of thread.

I have bought a Mini10 for my daughters 4th birthday and she is getting on with it very well, except for one thing, the 2 finger scrolling on the touchpad. The Nick jr sites etc leap up and down when she is viewing them as she has her finger near the left hand button etc to left click (games etc).
I'm sure that she will get used to it but I would prefer to turn of this function altogether as I also just find it annoying.

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate onto it and the standard windows driver does not have the DellTouch tab on mouse settings.
I have also tried the latest Synaptics driver for Win7 but also does not have the DellTouch tab.
I used an earlier Synaptics driver for Vista, although this did have the DellTouch Tab which then displayed the correct screen, I was unable to go into the scrolling settings area.

I have had a look at the registry settings and there are entries for 2 and 3 finger scrolling but nothing to turn off this feature.

Can anyone direct me to the correct win 7 touchpad driver please?

Thank you in advance for your help.

« dell mini 1010-6048 (inspiron 1010) | new from STL »