Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Uninstalling unwanted programs - 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Hello everyone!
I just today bought a Dell Mini 10 running Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knew of a guide or program to uninstall a lot of the uneccessary programs (especially the included dell software) as I'm afraid of gimping any of the functions on the operating system.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm not much of a power user so I certainly don't need a lot of the pre-packaged software and also would be interested in alternatives to whats already installed i.e. firefox > IE
Thanks in advance
  (#2) Old
Default 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM

See if this will help. Download | The PC Decrapifier
  (#3) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 11-12-2009, 11:23 PM

Add/Remove Programs worked for me...

Getting an iPad
  (#4) Old
Default 11-14-2009, 02:49 AM

Though Add/Remove programs works fine, I just recently downloaded Revo Uninstaller. It's a lot faster than the windows version and it removes programs more thoroughly as well. Here's the link from cnet:

Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET
  (#5) Old
Default Re-Install The OS - 12-27-2009, 12:46 AM

I was having issues with both my Desktop and my Laptop (both from Dell) and finally ended up re-installing vista on my Desktop. The CD's that are shipped don't have a lot of the included Dell Software and I found that my computer ran a lot better. I pretty much immediately re-installed the OS on my Mini 10 right after, and It hasn't had a problem. I suggest that route if you haven't already loaded your computer up.
  (#6) Old
Default 12-27-2009, 08:59 AM

I reinstalled my 10v Windows 7 Starter and just install battery and touchpad driver. Then my performance experience point jump from 2.0 to 2.1, WOW!

« Will this work as a hackint0sh? | 160GB HD issue: "no operating system found" »