Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Post Just Got My Mini 10! - 11-05-2009, 06:00 AM

Hi everybody im new to the forum. I just got my mini 10 to be a little more portable over my gaming laptop. Just had a few questions. I have checked the forums already. Is there any updated news on this daughterboard i was reading about? Do you guys recommend any certain programs for this unit? I currently have avast, ccleaner, some emulators for old games with a xbox 360 receiver, malware bytes, k lite codec pack, firefox, cpu id, utorrent, and limewire. I try to keep everything turned off as possible to keep performance as best as possible. I also got windows setup for best performance. I also noticed when i alt ctrl del i am running 43 processes. Is this typical bc my desktop only runs around 25. I also see some people running either an external harddrive/flash/sd for games and things and i am curious on why they do that? Was wondering if i should pick one up. Also what would be a good accessory to pick up? Just looking for some guidance thanks for reading
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM

there are processes that the mini will run that your desktop will not, like apps for the camera,the dell box, bluetooth (if you have it) and probably some others etc, as far as the external flash goes it depends on your hard drive, what size is it, if you have a small drive then it might be worth it, I pulled out that tiny 160gb and put in a 500gb so disk space for me is a non-issue, I guess each case is different, another kinda cool thing might to buy an external dvd drive for either movies,music,games, or even the ease of installing new stuff, although I find it easier just to install off of USB, just pop a blank into your desktop and put in a flash drive, copy the setup disk to the flash drive and install, but get a good size flash, I dont recommend a 2gb its too small..go with either a 4 or even better an 8gb, thats what I have and I use it for installations and then I erase it, right now I have about 10 movies on my flash, after I watch them I just delete them, I have the originals on DVD, or they are on one of my Desktops waiting to be burned, the big one has 1 1/2 terabytes of disk space...

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« Tried my hand at modding tonight.... | Intel X-25 M »