Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 10 now comes with Windows 7 Starter in the UK - 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM

The UK Dell website is now offering Windows 7 Starter edition for the Mini 10 and 10v - it is a £20 premium over the Windows XP Home price. If you are buying a Mini 10v then I would go for the base Ubuntu model and install a proper version of Windows 7 - you can buy the Ultimate edition for £56 and this licences you for two computers:

Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade DVD - £56.75 **DELIVERED** All you need is a child at school or Uni. - HotUKDeals Forum

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM

Well spotted that man!

One of the slight downsides to ordering the base Ubuntu model (in the U.K.) is that Bluetooth is not offered as an option on these, and I know that feature is important to some users.

Also the Mobile Broadband option, which they have unfortunately dropped at the moment anyway, was not offered on these either!

I am sure a lot of buyers will not be too happy at having to pay a £70 premium for the Windows 7 'Starter' edition, although your suggestion is a good idea for anyone who qualifies.

There are other alternatives too of course, but we had better not discuss those on here, although one of our fairly new 'Hot' members has his own web site, which some readers may find interesting!

In hindsight though, I am very glad I purchased my Mini 10v when I did, as I reckon that the 'free' Mobile Broadband offer was a real bargain at the time... and Windows 7 runs on it very well indeed!

Mini 10v - Product (RED) - BIOS A06 - Ubuntu 11.04 - 2GB RAM - 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Bluetooth - Intel 6205 Wi-Fi - WWAN

« Problems with Mini 10 3G card/connection software | going from 1gb to 2gbs crucial..and installing a 60gb SSD Agilty by OCZ tech...BUT »