Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 10 Delivery Time? - 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Seen a few threads on the Mini 9 forum but just wanted to ask if anyone's ordered a 10 recently? Ordered at the tail end of September, original delivery date 15th October.

Just had an email saying new delivery date is 09/11/2009! Not very good hey.

Someone had a theory that they just updated their system every three weeks, is this plausible or is there just a long wait on the 10. Has anyone else ordered one with a more recent delivery date?

Otherwise is this due to the supposed new 2GB model? I've only ordered the 1GB cos that's all that's available in this country...

(i'm from the UK by the way in case there's more than one factory, presume they're all made in China or similar)

(#2) Old
Default 10-13-2009, 10:33 AM

I ordered two Mini 10's with HD screens and 3G for £208 each when Dell had a mis-price on their website - my order has also just been put back to 9th November. I had this happen before when the 10v first came out - the date did come forward again and delivery was only actually delayed by a further week so it may get delivered earlier than the new date. You can go to this thread for further discussion:

EXPIRED - Hot! Dell Mini 10 netbook. Z530 1.6Ghz cpu, 1gig, 160GB, BT, TV tuner, WWAN £208.99 Delivered - Page 40 - HotUKDeals Forum

- Simon.

Dell Latitude E6220 | E6230
  (#3) Old
Default 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM

If you want it within 3 days, buy a refurb. They're prebuilt just waiting to ship. I got mine in 2 days.
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Default 10-13-2009, 12:57 PM

What morriscode said. I ordered my new 10v on Sunday, I expect it no later than Thursday-ish. Tomorrow would be nice though.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#5) Old
Default 10-14-2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the replies lads.

Problem is that I ordered it as part of the potential mis price, so was just wondering if anyone had ordered a non-outlet one (i.e. one that had to be built from scratch). Can't justify buying one at the outlet price but the £208 deal was an absolute steal.

HD Screen
TV Tuner
WWAN card (has GPS chipset too apparently?)

For less than the normal price!

« Ub. 9.04 - Failure to connect to public wireless. Ideas? | Is my Mini 10 likely to have an active sim card slot? »