Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default How to "suspend" Dell Digital TV app? - 10-12-2009, 10:13 PM

I have a Dell Mini 10 with the TV tuner, and the Dell Digital TV application. It works fine...

What I'd like to do is be able to minimize/suspend the TV application, so that I can use a browser or other software without the TV running and using the CPU (it uses a lot of CPU).

Minimize does not seem to do this -- the tv keeps going. Clicking on the Pause button in the software also does not work, as the software keeps recording tv to the pause buffer.

Any way to do this other than shut down the application? It takes a while to load, so I'd rather not do that.

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM

I really don't think you can, its almost like Windows Media Player playing a movie, once you shut it down you cant resume the movie from where you left off (I am not talking about minimizing it either..I mean shut it down completely)...I guess the TV Tuner kinda works the same way either its totally on or totally least you CAN minimize WMP would think MS in its infinite wisdom could figure a way of bookmarking where the movie is at the time and set a bookmark by track location and movie title or something like that..maybe in Media Player 57 or something

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 10-13-2009, 02:08 AM

Thanks -- I was hoping there might be some way.

What I want to do is not resume where I was -- I want to basically shut off the tv without closing down the tv application. Just have the tv application open, but not using the cpu, while I do something else. Then be able to come back and start watching tv again without having to re-open the tv application, which takes a minute or so.

Maybe there is no way to do this, but it seems like an obvious feature. But that's not to say it is there....

« is the 10v a watered down 10? | Ub. 9.04 - Failure to connect to public wireless. Ideas? »