Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#11) Old
Default 10-19-2009, 03:29 AM

Thanks for this thread. I spent a whole weekend tweaking my mini 10 for the HD playback. I've tried all kinds of media playback software and most of them failed to smoothly replay HD movies (720P and above).
I finally tried the Total Media Theatre from Arcsoft, which provide superb playback, with CPU loading at around 30-40% for regular 720P movies (normally 4.3GB files) and around 50% for 1080P. The shortcoming for Arcsoft is I don't see a option to load subtitle. This is a big disadvante to me since, being a foreigner, it's hard for me understand just by listening.
So I try again with MPC-HC, which, although not as good as TMT, also provide smooth playback. The more important thing is that MPC-HC comes with a subtitle option!
I can't remember the sequence clearly. Before installation of the TMT, I tried MPC once but fail to smoothly reply. After intalling the TMT, I reinstalled the MPC and succeeded. I was thinking of maybe MPC take advange of the codec from TMT...
I can also connect my mini 10 to my plasma TV with awesome picture!
It was a great weekend! thanks to the information in this forum.
BTW, I am using the vista system pre-installed from Dell. I am hesitating about upgrade to win 7...
  (#12) Old
Default 10-24-2009, 01:36 AM

Anyone get 1080p smooth playback on xp without installing hardware? 720p plays fine but I can't get 1080p to be watchable.

« 10v Dell TV recording question (UK) | Finally »