Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Audio In from external mic is VERY static-y. - 09-15-2009, 01:51 AM

So I went and got myself a microphone today to use on my Mini 10. Odd thing is, is that after playing back a quick sound test to see if my mic is working I hear a ton of static in the left side of the headset. Thinking it was the headset I unplugged it and heard it from the normal speakers as well.

Borrowed a friends mic really quickly (I know his works) and it was the same symptoms.

I recorded a sound piece through the internal mic just to check out and see if it was broken or what... But the voice came back crystal clear.

So something is up with my Audio In stuff. I've raised the mic level, I've turned off sound boost... Not sure what is going on. One thing, though, I didn't like Realteks software so I turned if off from automatically starting on boot up and now I need to get back into it.

That makes it two questions; one, where would the Realtek software be located? And two, any other ideas on why this is happening? There is also static when I turn on my Mini 10 (only audible through the headphone jack)... Not sure what else to do. I'm sure Dell would find a reason not to fix it unless I paid them a nice wad of dollars...

« [SOLVED]Mint 7 XFCE Broadcom 4312 wireless woes, any help? | My Mini 10 Hands-on Experience - Updated »