Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#11) Old
Default 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by tx123 View Post
They have released new drivers for both XP and Vista (which I guess would also work on W7).

XP: released 10 August (driver version

Vista: 4.0.2 released 11 August (driver version
I had avoided updating my driver (in XP) because my 1010 worked very well with the original driver that was installed by Dell. Upgrading a driver can be a iffie experience. But after doing a little research I downloaded the driver and installed it.
Quite an improvement with video and flash playback. I also noted that while it was installing it also installed a new driver for the HDMI port on the 1010. Well worth the effort and its a one click install. The download I finally got was a folder with all the files in the folder. One click on the setup.exe file and the install took care of itself. Just a reboot and done.
Wish I could say something about the HDMI install; but as i have never used it I can't comment.
With the help of some really sharp guys on the forum (for 9.04 drivers)and the new drivers for XP the 1010 is starting to be a really good duel boot system. I think I will keep it. fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

« Contemplating buying mini 10, weighing options | Do you want to help all GMA500 owners? »