Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Video streaming observation - 08-07-2009, 01:48 PM

Just alittle info to pass on. I have a mini 10 that I have loaded Windows 7 on. I have turned off all the visual options and have a plain classic theme loaded. I have 2 login's on the machine, mine and my wifes. On my login I have gone thru and turned off all services I do not need and any programs not needed. After boot up I'm using 54% on my memory. The other night we were watching some tv from TNT network on the mini using my login and everything was great, full screen. Not skipped frames or anything. So last night we went to watch some more from the same TNT but my wife was logged in. It would not play at all, we got about 2 frames per second and sound was just garbage. So I switched to my login and it worked great. Back to hers and no joy again. So I started shutting stuff down and then it started to work. So I think memory has a big part to play in streaming video success.
Now I need to find a free anti-virus with a very small foot print. Right now I'm using Avast as I do on all 7 of my other computers.
I wish dell would release a 2 gig daughter board, I would pay what ever I had to to get that in my system. I think that is the only downfall of the mini 10.

(#2) Old
Default 08-07-2009, 02:12 PM

Thanks for sharing that info.

Can you list what services did you shut down and what are the bare minimum services ? Actually I am still on XP but am sure this will help others out there with Windows 7

« GMA 500 + HD Monitor = Can't Display 1366x768 | Mini 10 Internal Mini PCI-e SSD »