Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 10 & Pointsec encryption - 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Question for you guys. I am working on a Dell Mini 10, running XP Pro SP3, and am having a really difficult time getting Pointsec to install on this device. I wiped all the partitions out and created one large single partition for XP, yet Pointsec still hangs after installing. It installs, reboots, goes through the Pointsec flash screen, and then the machine stops loading the OS.

Has anyone else run in to this? Unfortunately True Crypt is not an option for me, so it's either get Pointsec running on this laptop or ship it back to Dell.

Searching for Pointsec brought up nothing on this site, and even google didn't have anything significant pertaining to the Mini (9,10, etc.) and Pointsec.

(#2) Old
Default 08-09-2009, 07:55 AM

The IT personnel where I work have also tried to get Pointsec to install on a Mini 12, with no success. They tried wiping the HD and installing also, with no success. We finally got an exemption for the Mini 12, since we couldn't get it to install. The Dell Minis are not the only Dells that have trouble with Pointsec. There have been problems with Pointsec and other manufacturer's laptops as well.

« MINI HDMI external LCD Bug | Looking for datasheet of KB926 »