Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Decent deal on loaded Mini 10? - 07-22-2009, 09:43 PM

There is a link on the Dell webpage right now where you can buy a Mini 10 with the GPS and a $25 gift card for Dell for $379. It has the HD screen, 6-cell battery but the 1.3 processor. If you add the tuner card and the 1.6 atom the total comes to $479. It's a good deal to me at least because I just got my Mini 10 (well, work bought it) and it was $421 with the 3-cell 24Whr, 1.6 atom, HD and no gps or TV tuner or gift card.

I would rather have the smaller battery to keep the Mini "mini" but the sales people wouldn't budge on the config I had built.

The link may be on every page but I can never find it right away. To get to it go to and scroll to the very bottom. In the tiny blue text click on "laptops" and on the page that comes up scroll to the very bottom and click on "mini deals". It's in blue text also.

I'm new to the forums but thought I would share for any that are interested. The $25 gift card part of the offer expires tomorrow.

I think this link will take you to the deal actually:
  (#2) Old
Default 07-22-2009, 11:20 PM

Look on eBay. You can find good deals there - far better than paying the top price at Dell. I got two Dells for the price of the Mini 10 you quoted!
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to MinnieMelissa
Smile 07-25-2009, 07:06 PM

I bought the same bundle, though a day after the giftcard offer expired haha. No giftcard, but I still think it was a pretty good deal. Though I really didn't help myself with trying to save money because it went from just getting that basic bundle to throwing in all kinds of extras which lead me to more than doubling that haha... I too tried to plead with the sales rep to let me just have a 3 cell battery instead, but he couldn't do anything without it costing me more. Oh well, I'm still really stoked!

Pink Inspiron 1720
Alpine White Mini 10

Dropbox Referrals:

« Windows XP? | Video streaming - mini 10 »