Dell Mini 1010 Forum for all discussion and support on the first revision of the Dell Mini 10, the Dell Inspiron Mini 1010.

(#1) Old
Default Just got my mini 10 - 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM

I had hesitated for a long time due to 1gb ram, but with the recent coupon I couldn't resist any longer and picked up a refurb from the outlet. For $350 I got the HD screen, 1.6 Atom, 6 cell battery, BT, and 1.3 mp camera. So far I am quite pleased, and it is a lot zipper than I anticipated based on some of the complaints here.

I put in a 64 GB SSD from Patriot. Hardware installation was not as difficult as I thought it would be. On the software side, I initially had a problem where it would not boot in XP from the drive. I ended up copying all three partitions to the SSD, and then it worked fine.

There is the stuttering on Hulu, but it is actually less than I thought and acceptable if I am not in full screen.

The screen is gorgeous, I guess I am a sucker for glossy.

It does, however, seem quite a bit larger than my Mini 9. I had thought they would be pretty close, and maybe they are technically, but the 10 feels a lot bigger than the 9. Too bad there are no 9" netbooks with the higher res screens.

Divx 720p plays back flawlessly in full screen, I expected as much given my experience with the 1.33 Atom.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Congrads on your purchase. I have had my MINI 1010 for almost two months and love it also. With the new drivers for Ubuntu 9.04 I converted mine to duel boot between it and XP. I also purchased two 16gig flash drives to experiment with a few other OS's.
Believe it or not; I find 9.04 does better than XP (at least on mine) with video playback. So far I have not had any problem because it only has 1MEG of memory. It seems plenty. 9.04 uses less than XP but both perform excellent.
I am very content with the system I may get another netbook in the future; but this one has a home for a long, long time to come. good luck, fdalbor

« Mini Refurb | Mini 10 HD screen - reflectivity »