Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Comment

LinkBack Tutorial Tools Display Modes
  Old

Post Upgrading the RAM in the Dell Mini 10v (with videos and guide) - 01-03-2010, 03:37 AM

Well i have noticed a-lot of people have someone do their RAM upgrade for them, but the person usually will not do it without charging. So here is a guide to do it easily (even for n00bs)

VIDEO:

How to upgrade Dell Mini 10v memory - Part 1 (disassemble)...

Image Removed.
DropBox- Your Virtual HardDrive!
DropBox Referral: http://is.gd/6pxhs
Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Default Thanks!

Great videos, thanks for the how-to.
I found that a guitar pick helps greatly when disassembling the plastic parts held by tabs. Made short work of the touchpad assy, keyboard, and sub-assembly.

Also, I used Patriot PSD22G8002S 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz CL5 with no problem.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtcar View Post
Nice demo. Can you specify the specs for the 2GB RAM chip?

Take the specs from this:

Amazon.com: Crucial Technology CT25664AC800 2GB 200-pin SODIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module: Electronics

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden0103 View Post
While you've got the damn thing open, I'd recommend a larger HDD as well (or SSD if budget allows).

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Even if he does drop it, would it actually work after being soaked in snow? (Mine, at least, gets pretty warm. Perfect computer for winter!)
LOL, and yea i agree with you with the HDD/SSD upgrade.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 05GT

Thanks for the photo guide! Took about 10 min to complete!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 AM

These instructions were great - intimidating at first but not too bad once you get into it! I used an old plastic pry tool that i got when i replaced an iPod battery years ago. It was great for the touch pad etc..
Old 02-01-2010, 03:37 PM

perfect tutorial
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Thanks for this information. I didn't realize that the 10v memory module was replaceable. I thought after the Mini 9, they were all soldered on.

Purchasing my 2GB on Amazon now!

Thanks again!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:37 PM

I just thought I'd comment that I did the 2gb install last night and everything went well. Took me about 35 minutes taking my time while watching Community. Used a Transcend stick from Newegg.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM

Thanks so much for the guide, I plan to follow it.

One small suggestion, listing the tools required in a list at the beginning of the guide would be helpful. Also, links to the correct memory module on newegg or equivalent would be nice also, though not as important
Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshepherd View Post
Thanks so much for the guide, I plan to follow it.

One small suggestion, listing the tools required in a list at the beginning of the guide would be helpful. Also, links to the correct memory module on newegg or equivalent would be nice also, though not as important
(you can check out memory modules to use, as well as the tools used, at How to upgrade Dell Mini 10v memory | jRin.net and scroll down to the bottom near the comments )
Old 02-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Dang...

This whole process took me about 2hours 30minutes to complete Luckily I know about hardware stuff as I used to be into computers, but wow is a netbook different.

The pieces are extremely small and started giving me an headache. The part that pissed me off the most was putting back the "keyboard ribbon" and attaching the "wifi white/black plugs". They are just so small or not user-friendly

Another thing I would like to thank Malicious for is telling me where the "bluetooth" module is suppose to me. I had NO LUCK finding guides for that, but it was simple to install.

Everything works great!
Comment

Tags
2gb, dell mini 10v, jrin, netbook, ram

« Installing Xubuntu 10.04 on Mini10 from USB drive (created on a windowsXP machine) | - »
Tutorial Tools