Dell Mini 10 Guides Guides, Articles and How-To's for the Dell Mini 10

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
Default Fool Proof Guide to installing OSX 10.5.8 on a Mini 10v! EVERYTHING WORKS!!! - 08-09-2009, 03:30 AM

Fool Proof Install Guide for a 100% Working Macbook Mini 10v!
Now updated for 10.5.8!!!

Before we start, Here are all of the files you will be needing:

Feel free to use me as a referral on click there ᐯᐯᐯ
Old 11-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by DMBryant View Post
Do a search on Google for a program called Transmac, there is a free trial available. It allows you to read and write to OSX drives as well as create and restore OSX disk images. This is what I used to create a version of my OSX Install DVD on an external drive.
Do i need to format or partition my external hd prior to creating a "new image" with transmac? I attempted to just create a new image of the OSX cd and it crashed 5 times after it gets about 24% of the way through. I put the MB setting at 8000. Do i need to readjust?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 AM

Can anyone tell me if this procedure leaves the Windows XP install intact? Once done, can I choose to boot into either Win XP or Leopard?

Also, I have a bus powered USB hard drive. Will this work for the install or does it have to be a flash drive?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:25 AM

I got up to rebooting after installing the 1.5.7 but I never get a blue progress bar! Only the Dell logo with a progress bar under it and a Apple logo with the spinning wheel under it then a apple logo with the middle cut out then a blue screen with only the mouse working! Please help!

« RAM Upgrade Video | Mac Users' View on Hackintoshing a Mini 10v »
Tutorial Tools