Dell Latitude ST business tablet Discussion on Dells 10.1" Windows OS tablet

(#1) Old
Cool Overlock Dell Latitude ST - 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Hello and congratulations for your forum! I'm getting this tablet soon, I want to ask if you think overlocking its CPU and GPU is a good idea? Or maybe memory as well?
It is going to be my first time overlocking. I will post the most important features of the device,

Feature Technical Specification

Processor Intel® Atom® Processor Z670 1.5GHz Single Core Processor
2GB DDR2 SDRAM (800 MHz) integrated
Chipset Mobile Intel® SM35 Chipset
Graphics4 Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 600
Power 4-cell (30Wh) Lithium Ion battery
30 Watt AC adapter

Since it has no fan, would it be risky? I think improving everything by 5% or 10% won't matter? Will this decoder help improve the performance of the GPU at videos only or in general?

BRAND NEW Broadcom BCM970015 Crystal HD Video Decoder Mini PCI-E 1080p AW-VD920H | eBay

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM

This is a very low powered machine. Overclocking it seems like a waste of time especially when you can purchase more powerful machines (Core i3/i5) for example that are far more powerful and probably cheaper.

Intel is not updating the video drivers (at the time of this writing) for the Intel GMA600 for Windows 8. So it will not have any advanced video support.

If you are planning on getting a Dell tablet, I would look at the Latitude 10 (Latitide ST 2.0).

If you're looking to do video and other things, I would suggest a more capable piece of equipment. If you like the tablet form factor, perhaps check the Dell XPS 12 Convertible tablet.

« Protective Case | Processor or Processor Cache Failed »