Dell Latitude 2100 Discussion on the Dell Latitude 2100, a rugged 10-inch netbook released to the educational market.

(#11) Old
Default 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Apple has arbitrarily changed their mind on things before. Bear in mind that Leopard won't install without trickery on a machine with a PPC proc less than 867mhz, despite the fact that Apple originally said they were going to support down to 800mhz. This division may seem arbitrary, but it basically eliminated a whole generation of Apple products.
  (#12) Old
Default 07-02-2009, 02:05 AM

well this weekend I will get my crack at the 2100 and try to get the Mac install working... the touch screen is what will be interesting... but not sure if I got that or not as the model I am receiving is for trial...

Dell Mini 9 : 32gb ST SSD : MacOSX 10.5.7 : Black
  (#13) Old
Default Installing OSX - 08-09-2009, 05:05 AM

Has anyone attempted and install of OSX on the 2100 yet? I have been working with it all night, and am unable to get the harddrive to boot itself. I can get OS X installed and functional just so long as I boot from the CD.
If I let the system boot normally it will always (even in safe mode) come up with the "power button" screen, that says I need to restart my computer. I have followed the latest Dell Mini 9 installation process to the letter, installing the latest EFI, upgrading to 10.5.7, and then reinstalling the DellEFI.
I can get the system functioning by booting from the type11 cd and choosing to boot from device 80 with the -f option.
If I could just get this thing to boot itself, it looks very promising. The touchscreen is working and everything.

Does anyone have any insight on what my problem may be?
  (#14) Old
Super Moderator
Default 08-09-2009, 04:29 PM

I have read of someone trying it, but there were issues. I don't recall though of what all they were. I'd try if I had one to play with, but money has become ridiculously tight these days.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#15) Old
Default 08-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by jay-zi View Post
You are right. In the beginning of the Apple-Intel-Era there were a lot of 32 bit processors. To err is human, to forgive divine.
Please edit your original post as to avoid confusion. Snow Leopard will not be 64 bit only. Several users on the forum have gotten it to run on the mini (although it is still buggy).
  (#16) Old
Default 09-04-2009, 02:51 AM

There's a detailed post on how to install Mac OS X Leopard on a Dell Latitude 2100 on Insanely Mac.

Latitude 2100 Netbook Instructions - HOW TO, How to get fully up and running

BTW, here's a quick link to the Dell Latitude 2100 at the Outlet:

Dell Latitude 2100 at the Dell Business/Education Outlet

« Is the 2100 Multi-Touch!?!?! | Bluetooth part number? »