Dell Latitude 2100 Discussion on the Dell Latitude 2100, a rugged 10-inch netbook released to the educational market.

(#1) Old
Default Defeated by OSX install on 2100 - 04-06-2010, 04:31 PM

I am currently 0 and 4 on trying to install OSX on my latitude 2100. I dont have an external dvd drive.

I do not have a mac, so I have to use 2 usb sticks to install, and I can't get the machine to see the 2nd drive. It does recognize the NBI flash drive, but only shows the linux install and the hd, never shows the OSX USB.

I bought the snow leopard DVD, ripped it, put it on the flash drive 3 different ways (transmac, diskimager, and dd) and it never recognizes it.

Using Mechdrew's instructions has netted me nothing. I even upgraded the factory A03 bios to A05 with no difference at all.

I am nearly at the end of my rope. I dont even know anyone with a mac to use to create the media using netbookmaker, and honestly I dont even know if it works on the latitude.

I even downloaded ideneb and wrote the image to the USB drive directly. It doesnt recognize it at all.

HELP! Im at the end of my rope here.

Please help me figure this out.

(#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to mnbn01
Default search for vmware image from net - 05-10-2010, 09:26 AM

just find the vmware image for OSX 10.5.6 from the net. but be aware the file size very big ~ 1.7 Gb compress, uncompress > 9Gb. need vmware workstation or can find the vmware player freely from vmware website.

Need another PC / Laptop to install vmware. That PC/Laptop should have minimum 2GB RAM due to OSX need 1 Gb RAM ( i never try lower memory).

can use the vmware Mac OS X for ease of install.

« Snow Leopard | Latitude 2100 System BIOS A06 Released »