Dell Latitude 2100 Discussion on the Dell Latitude 2100, a rugged 10-inch netbook released to the educational market.

(#1) Old
Default Cant get XP to Install - 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM

I read some threads and many google articles. I have tried installed XP in the AHCI setting in the BIOS. I can not get it and am getting frustrated. I have downloaded the driver

h**p:// id=R213316&SystemID=Lat_2100&servicetag=JNBLWK1&os =WW1&osl=en&deviceid=11530&devlib=0&typecnt=0&verc nt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=41&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=301466

and when I specify driver during the windows install I choose "Intel (R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller. Then it continues on until it says I have no Hard drive.

I have tried using an external floppy with the driver extracted to it. I have also tried slipstreaming the driver onto a new disc.

Not sure what else to try or even if I have the right procedure.

Any help would greatly appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 10-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Don't bother with any of that stuff, just let XP do it's thing, forget the Matrix, leave the BIOS alone and don't load any third party or raid drivers.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-27-2009, 08:48 PM

Best you use a floppy drive and a cd rom drive. When you start the Windows Installation press F6 and later you load the driver from the Floppy.

Best regards

(#4) Old
Default 10-27-2009, 09:07 PM

Thorsteenster I have tried just a regular XP SP2 disk and it blue screens when I have it set to AHCI in Bios. But if I change it to SATA in Bios it works. But I want the performace of AHCI.

Starmanager I have extracted the driver onto the floppy and pressed F6 and it still wont recognize the driver when it gets to that point?

« Latitude 2100 Review | How to increase shared video ram? »